I often create crochet and knitting patterns that are beginner friendly. My patterns includes photo and video support when possible. Some of my favorite patterns to design are crochet blankets and easy, chunky knit blankets. One skein patterns are a fun and satisfying challenge. Finding the best way to use that one ball of yarn creates endless opportunities.
Do you crochet garments? I love designing sweaters and cardigans that are made simply, with easy stitches. You can crochet them too! Crochet hats are also a favorite. Fast, functional and fun to gift hats are some of the best makes.
Featured Crochet Patterns
You’ll find a variety of crochet patterns including blankets, cowls, hats, scarves, shawls, sweaters and tote bags. These free crochet patterns are written with beginning crocheters in mind.
Favorite Knitting Patterns
Here are some of my reader favorite beginner friendly knitting patterns. I hope you will enjoy browsing and find a fun and relaxing project to knit.
Seasonal Crochet Favorites
These crochet patterns are popular this season. Light and airy crochet shawls and lightweight cardigans make the perfect accessory for spring.
Stash Busting Crochet Patterns
These crochet patterns work up quickly with less than one skein of yarn. Wondering what to crochet with yarn from your stash? These small and fast crochet projects are perfect for stash yarn.
Tutorials + Stitches
Learn crochet and knitting stitches and techniques in these tutorials. Tutorials include written instructions, photographs and often a video tutorial as well.
PDF Pattern Shops
My crochet and knitting patterns are available free here on the blog. But if you prefer the pdf format they are also available in one of my shops.
What are the benefits to buying the PDF Pattern?
- It’s well formatted for printing, if that’s your preference.
- If the pattern is a multi-size pattern the PDF it’s color coded by size, making it easier to read your size. Plus you can highlight your size if you also print it.
- The PDF Pattern includes an easy to read chart with the pattern information by sizes (and color coded).
- There is a schematic included that illustrates the dimension of each piece, and seam lines on garments.
- The PDF Pattern includes extra progress and finished pictures.
- Your purchase helps support my work, which allows me to continue designing and publishing more crochet + knit patterns for you!
Hi I’m Crystal, the designer and blogger here at ChristaCoDesign. I enjoy creating crochet and knit patterns that are simple to make and easy to love. You can read more on me in my About page.