Women’s Fingerless Gloves a Free Crochet Pattern
These simple fingerless gloves are such a great gift for women and teens. They’re useful and quick to make. The free crochet pattern for these gloves comes in three women’s sizes.
The half double crochet stitch is an easy way to get texture, without fancy stitches. To get the benefit of that hdc texture we’re working in rows. So we’ll crochet on both sides of the fabric.
Seam them up, leaving the thumbhole open and you’re all set. Women’s fingerless gloves make fabulous gifts for teachers, neighbors, nurses. Anyone who appreciates warm hands on your list!
Peek that Nebbia Sweater sleeve! If you’re looking for an easy, beginner crochet pullover you can get the free pattern here.
This post contains affiliate links, I may earn a fee. Read more disclosure policy.
Fingerless Gloves for the Family
The women’s fingerless gloves include 3 sizes. In the chart below there are measurements by size so you can choose the best fit.
If you’re looking for more sizes, be sure to check out the crochet pattern for Fingerless Gloves for Children and in Men’s sizes too.
These gloves are easy to lengthen also. Just crochet more rows.
If you’re looking for a fingerless gloves pattern that has lots more texture, check out the Matteo Fingerless Gloves. These beautiful gloves have both a matching hat and scarf pattern too.
The yarn I used to make these gloves is from Hobby Lobby-Yarn Bee Secret Soft. It’s super soft and shiny. It’s a #4 medium worsted weight yarn so any similar yarn will work up perfect.
I also made several of these in Red Heart Super Saver and Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Yarn. I made a bunch of various colors for my kids. You can get the child size pattern here.
These beginner friendly fingerless gloves are crocheted with the half double crochet. This is one of my favorite basic stitches. It works up quickly and easily.
- 90-110 yds of #4 worsted weight yarn, pictured in Yarn Bee Secret Soft in Shale.
- 5mm US size H-8 crochet hook, or hook needed to meet gauge
- yarn needle
- measuring tape
- Ch 1 at the beginning of the row does not count as a stitch.
Stitches/Abbreviations (US Terms)
sk-skip the indicated stitch
sl st-slip stitch
4”/10cm x 4”/10cm= 13 hdc x 12 rows of hdc
Gloves are worked as a flat rectangle, then seamed. You will leave an opening for the thumb.
These women’s fingerless gloves are snug fitting. Go up a size if you want a looser fit.
Since yarn stretches, and to minimize bulk, these are snug fitting gloves. Go up a size if you want a looser fit.
Since these are simple half double crochet gloves, you can change the stitch count as needed.
|Width, seamed, flat|
Women's Fingerless Gloves
Learn how to crochet a pair of fingerless gloves in women's sizes.
- #4 medium worsted weight yarn:
- Small 90yds/82m
- Medium 100yds/91m
- Large 110yds/101m
- 5mm US size H-8 crochet hook, or hook needed to meet gauge.
- Fhdc 20 (22, 24) or ch 21 (23, 25) and hdc in the 2nd ch from your hook and in each ch across, turn. = 6”/15cm (6.75”/17cm, 7.4”/18.8cm)
- Ch 1, in same st hdc, hdc in each st across, turn.
- Rep last row til work measures 6”/15cm (6.5”/16.5cm, 7.5”/19cm) long.
- Cut yarn, leave a long tail for seaming. Fold in half lengthwise.
- From the top down sew 2”/5cm (2”/5cm, 2.5”/6.4cm). Leave 1”/2.5cm (1.3”/3.3cm, 1.5”/3.8cm) thumbhole unseamed. Then sew last 3”/7.6cm (3.25”/8.3cm, 3.5”/8.9cm).
- Cut yarn and weave in ends.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love this Scarfie Crochet Scarf from Felicia at AhselAnne.com. It’s beautiful. Such a great use of the half double crochet.