Get the free Chunky Bear Beanie pattern here.
- Small amount of matching yarn to your hat, #6 super bulky is what I used.
- 9 mm hook, or hook to match yarn
- Yarn needle
- Measuring tape
1. Ears are worked in the round and sewn onto the hat.
2” x 2” = 4 hdc x 3 rows
Sign up for my email list here 👇 for my latest patterns, giveaways and access to my Resource Library!
1. Begin with a Mc-magic circle.
2. DC into the magic circle.
3. Continue to DC into the circle until you have 6 dc.
4. Pull tail to close, creating a semicircle.
5. Turn your work, ch 1 & sc into the same st. Continue to sc into each dc.
6. Cut your yarn and leave a tail long enough to sew ear on-9” is plenty.
Repeat Steps 1-6 for the second ear.
Sew Ears on Hat
Lay hat flat in front of you.
1. Place ears along the top, on either side of the fold. For baby sizes place across rounds 3 & 4, for child-adult sizes place them across rounds 5 & 6.
2. Pin ears in place. In the following photos I have them loose to show you where to insert the needle.
3. Thread yarn tail into needle. Here I’m going to use both ends to secure the ear to the hat (and weave them away).
4. Slide needle under stitches of hat where ear is pinned. I usually go under two strands, so it’s not too stretchy.
5. Sew back up through bottom of ear and back down into stitches of the hat.
6. Rep steps 4 & 5 until entire bottom edge of ear is secure to hat.
7. Weave away ends.
Repeat for other ear on opposite side.