The Little Lovey is perfectly sized for little hands that are learning to grab. Crocheted with cotton yarn on an organic Maple Wood Ring baby will enjoy the different combined textures. Teether, toy, and lovey the Little Lovey is all of the above.
This one is a great stash buster. There never seem to be a lack of baby showers happening and these ring loveys are popular with moms and babies. I crocheted this one in cotton to minimize the fuzz that comes with yarn.
The Little Lovey is an easy pattern that’s also a breeze to adjust to your size needs. I’ve linked up a photo tutorial for crocheting around a ring, if you’ve never done that before.
You Might Also Enjoy:
- 2oz #4 med worsted weight yarn, I used cotton yarn-Red Heart Scrubby Smoothie in white.
- 6mm hook, Yarn needle, Measuring tape, Scissors
- 3” Ring, I used a maple wood ring; colorful plastic ones are also available.
- Ch 1 does not count as a stitch.
- Attach yarn with a sl st to the ring, photo tutorial here (not necessarily the same st count).
- Finished dimensions= 6”x 4” Pattern is easily adjustable for a larger size.
Sk-skip the indicated stitch
sl st-slip stitch
hdc(s)-half double crochet(s)
2” x 2” = 7 sc x 6 sc rows
Row 1. 8 sc around ring, turn.
Row 2. Ch 1, 2 hdc in same st, hdc in each st til 1 st left, 2 hdc in last st, turn. (10 sts)
Row 3. Ch 1, in 3rd loop hdc in same st and in each st across, turn.
Rows 4-9. Rep last 2 rows 3 more times. (16 sts) For a larger lovey, continue to repeat until desired size is reached.
Row 10. Ch 1, sc in same st and in each st across.
Cut yarn, weave in ends.