Crochet a stylish necklace with a wood ring at center. Perfect for moms of little ones or nursing moms who need to distract baby. Fast and easy crochet pattern that makes a lovely gift.
This crochet necklace pattern is worked flat with a mere 20 yards of fabric. Not a nursing mom? You can substitute out the wood ring for any other decorative bauble, or just start with a row of single crochets.
Don’t let those small balls of leftover yarn go to waste. Crochet jewelry is great way to use up scrap yarn. Not to mention, it’s the perfect summer project for those of us who want to crochet all year long.
If you sew and need a quick baby gift then the Bunny Ring Teether Tutorial might interest you. These sweet little bunny ears include a step by step photo tutorial.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for details.
Add this pattern to your Ravelry queue.
Pin this pattern for later.
The yarn I used is a blend of cotton, silk and acrylic. I didn’t want even this little bit to go to waste. This necklace was the perfect project to use up this special yarn.
If you don’t have a wood ring to feature in this necklace, you can switch it out with any other bauble. Or, more simply, just start with a row of single crochets.
There are also plastic teething rings, silicone donuts and various shapes that can be used for baby to grab at (instead of mom). There are textured teether and smooth ones. So many choices, and so much baby cuteness.
- 10-20 yds #4 worsted weight yarn, I used a little bit of Cascade Tangier Yarn I had leftover from my Caverna Capelet Cowl.
- 5mm hook, Yarn needle, Measuring tape, Scissors
- 2” maple ring
Ch 3 counts as a stitch, I highly recommend using a ch 3 alternative, here’s my favorite.
- sk-skip the indicated
- stitch sl st-slip stitch
- sc-single crochet
- dc-double crochet
1”x 1”= 4 dc x 2 rows of dc
Necklace measures 13” from end to end.
Start with a slip knot on your hook, then sl st yarn around the wood ring.
- Ch 1, sc around the wood ring 8x, turn. (8 sts)
- Ch 3, dc in next st and in each st across, turn. (8 sts)
- Ch 3, 2 dc in next st, dc in each of next 4 sts, 2 dc in next st, dc in last st, turn. (10 sts)
- Ch 3, dc in same st, ch 1, sk next dc, dc in next st, ch 1, sk next st, dc in each of next 2 sts, ch 1, sk next st, dc in next st, ch 1, sk next st, 2 dc in last st, turn. rep from * across. (12 sts)
From here chain 73 and sl st to the other side (to the top of the first st of the last row), forming the necklace. For a bit sturdier chain you can turn, ch 1 and either sl st or sc back up the chain.
Cut yarn and weave in ends.
Necklace is intended for adult wear only. Babies and children must be supervised when using the teether. Always inspect the wood ring and necklace for any damage before use.