By far the most frequently asked question I get in my Etsy shop is about digital downloads of pattern purchases. Here I’ve put together a few steps to help you navigate downloading your digital items on Etsy.
If you’ve already contacted me, I’ll get back to you soon!
This post contains affiliate links, I may earn a fee. Read more disclosure policy.
Commonly Asked Questions
How do I download my item?
- Log into your Etsy account on a desktop computer (you can’t download from the Etsy app).
- You can find it in your Etsy account drop down menu under “Purchases and reviews.”
- Click the Download button to access your pdf at any time.
- If you need more help, all the available options are listed here: Downloading a Digital Item
What if it’s not in your purchase history?
- Make sure you checked out and paid. Sometimes we leave items in our cart and don’t check out completely.
- If you do not see your order in your purchase history and you were charged, it is possible that you checked out as a “guest.”
- Go to your email and there you should find an order confirmation email. Inside will be a link to your download. Once you click the link in there it will take you to ETSY and give you the option to log in.
- By doing that it should link your purchase to your account.
What if I didn’t get the email from Etsy?
Be sure to check your spam, or junk and even your promotions and social for gmail users. If it’s not there, try adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book or safe list.
Another possibility is the Etsy email was sent to another email, possibly an old one, or a work email. If you are able to log in to all your emails and check you may find the Etsy email there.
If you’re still having trouble, please contact me through Etsy messages or email: email@example.com. If you’ve already sent me a message regarding this rest assured that I will get back to you as soon as possible, usually within a few hours and definitely before 24 hours.